Wednesday, February 08, 2006

happy birthday, mom!!!!

here is the surprise listed in my february goals.... my mom's birthday present! its an 18x24 illustration of her two grandkiddos, ananda and diego... it's done in cut paper (the biggest size i've worked ever worked in) and of course, i couldn't help myself- green was used yet again... the frame was purchased in december with the plan to make an illustration specifically for her... i think it was my sister who asked if it was a birthday gift, and thus it became so... my friend, joann suggested the subject be about her grandkids and with that idea in mind, the sketch was completed in january... and the final completed on february 5th...

this was a surprise to my mom, although no doubt she could of guessed it... in fact, she did guess right but i ignored her remarks (we were yahoo'ing) because i didn't want her to know... i even dreamt i slipped up and told her, and was crying because the surprise was ruined... hah, you dream your fears at times! and i was so close to just blurting it out on sunday because it was done and i was just ecstatic! it was contained, however, and thankfully, she liked it alot!!

my mom isn't picky... she must be the easiest person to give a gift to... she collects an array of stuff, and her tastes vary even more than her house can hold... she likes retro vaccuum cleaners, toys from any era (yes, she even has a buzz lightyear...) old high chairs, rocking chairs of various sizes, bobble heads, nic nacs, pictures, my illustrations, recipe books, canisters, cookie jars that talk, containers, old mixers, old hair appliances... her house is soooo full that it requires several visits to really see everything... on top of that, she likes good candy, software, computer appliances, furniture, and a good movie to watch...

no, my mom isn't particular unless it comes to food... that is partly why i love buying for her... most times finances prevent me from splurging but now that i'm in my art groove, i am trying to be more creative... i know my mom likes my art, she has it displayed even! some days, she likes it more than i do... but ya know, she is always there to encourage and uplift...

and she is such a good gramma on top of it all... yes, there are many things diego can't touch but she has plenty of old phones she lets him toy with... and toys she bought just for when the kids come over... and she lets diego play with her piano... her magnets too.... she's got the candy too for everyone!!! she even has a special drawer that nana knows about! my mom is a young gramma with old products and new software... she is forever loving and truthful...

2 Comments:

Blogger Walter's Mom said...

That is a beautiful picture for your Mom! I love it!

11:04 PM  
Blogger shoofly said...

too cute!

12:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home