Wednesday, February 08, 2006

homemade valentines...

this is the first year that valentine cards were made by ellia... and they are quite different from my normal style... refreshing for the change, in my opinion... this is the first time i was able to put my sizzix to use for real.... and on top of it all, these cards were quick and simple to make, and a tad retro-scrapbooky... i even used felt, with the inspiration of miss plumpkin originally, i wanted to make cards that said "will you be my valentine?" with al capone's picture on the front... or maybe the infamous slaughter picture that took place on the st. valentine's day massacre... but i went with a more conservative style...

the sizzix is a dandy thing... i've had it for over 2yrs and rarely ever used it... working in cut paper, i figured everything must be handcut... diecuts and paper punches are cheats... but in the past few months, i've used my flower paper punch religiously... and my circle & oval cutting systems are timesavers... with my sizzix though, it felt like a waste of money... better sold on ebay to pay bills than to have it collect dust... but i kept it anyhow, and am finally putting it to use.... jo-ann fabrics has a store going out of business so i loaded up on felt and made all the flowers with my nifty sizzix... and later, maybe i will make some hearts... it's finally paying off...

now, to mail them off to the people i intended for... that is probably the hardest part yet... procrastination doesn't work well when a holiday is involved...

2 Comments:

Blogger Walter's Mom said...

Congrats on the knitting olympics! I bet it will be fun!

11:05 PM  
Blogger shoofly said...

these are really fun! wow, you've been super busy!

12:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home